Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mahindra`s four door pickup truck spotted testing Undisguised



Yesterday was a nice evening when I was on my bike, riding through heavy traffic of Chennai. I got lucky and there it was, a left hand driven Mahindra four door pick up truck completely undisguised. Though I am not sure whether they were testing it or transporting it somewhere but for one thing I am sure that it was a test vehicle.The driver seemed to be in rush and the traffic was huge so I could not take a snap from front but the design is based on Scorpio so the front looked pretty much like Scorpio.





Mahindra is soon going to launch two pickup trucks in United States named as TR20 and TR40. The above pics are of TR40 which is expected to  have a  U.S.-version of Mahindra's new mHawk 2.2L four cylinder engine,  should produce around 120 hp(same as Scorpio) with 240lb-ft of torque. The only transmission option is expected to be a six-speed automatic. We're hearing that this powertrain combination should offer 30 mpg, 1.3-tons of payload and 5,000 pounds of towing ability.
Expected price is $ 22000


No comments:

Post a Comment